In order to become an Elks Pool Member the following must take place in this order.
1. You must belong to the Elks Lodge. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Once you are interviewed and have expressed interest in joining the pool you will be placed on the waitlist.
3. Only after you have been initiated will you secure your place on the waitlist. If you miss an initiation you will be bumped down further on the list.
4. You will receive an email inviting you to join the pool. You must reply in order to receive the pool packet and set the membership in motion. We will make two attempts to reach out to the new members. If we do not receive confirmation you will be dropped from the waitlist.
5. Your application will not be approved if your lodge payments are delinquent. This applies to ALL POOL MEMBERS.
6. Any application that has not been sent to you directly by an Elks Lodge officer or pool board member will not be accepted. In the event that it is accidentally processed and your check gets cashed we reserve the right to refund your payment and will not accept the payment as acceptance to the pool membership.
*We send out all pool applications on March 1 of the current year.
*If Early acceptances go out they will go out in February - the amount of membership invitations vary depending on the last seasons membership numbers.
*Following this no new membership invitations will go out until after the first deadline of May 1 for current members.
*Current members that do not join by May 1 will be assessed a late fee (no exceptions) and could put their membership in jeopardy.
*The late fee will increase after June 1 (no exceptions) and memberships are in jeopardy and will be replaced with new members.
We do our best to be fair and adhere to these rules and appreciate everyone following the above.
Any questions can be sent to email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as we can. It can take a few days especially during our off season. We appreciate your patience.
Have you read the pool rules?
Please take five minutes to read through as there are a few updates to ensure a fun, safe environment for all! All members are responsible for making sure their children and guests are aware of and are following the rules. Thank you in advance and we look forward to a great 2013 season!
No glass of any kind is permitted within the pool fence. Every area within the pool fence is barefoot territory; therefore, THIS POLICY IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. Pouring from a glass bottle into a cup at the pool is not good enough. We had two broken glass incidents this past weekend from this! This includes - wine bottles, beer bottles, pickle jars, relish jars, BBQ sauce, baby food jars, all glass jars of any kind as well as glasses to drink from. Even if you are not on concrete, glass can still break on a table or bench edge or even on grass, if it hits the right way. Please leave the glass containers at home and transfer to plastic. When making your purchases from the lodge, please buy cans or if buying wine-pour into plastic cups before you return to the pool. This is for the safety of all of our guests. A little compliance from everyone means avoiding injuries and possible stitches. Nobody wants to have their day at the pool interrupted by a trip to the ER.
Deck and Pool Safety: All posted rules will be enforced by the lifeguards! Additionally, for everyone’s safety and comfort:
· No life jackets or flotation devices of any kind are permitted when using the high dive. The device could potentially be knocked out of place on impact and become a hazard.
· No flotation devices of any kind in the big pool, with the exception of Raft Nights.
· No water guns of any kind are permitted on pool grounds. We can all expect to get wet at the pool; however, it’s just plain bad when someone misses their target with the stream from today’s powerful toys and instead hits an infant or someone eating, using electronics, reading, etc. These toys are not permitted on pool grounds.
· Use of the baby pool is for children 6 years old and under, no exceptions.
Grill use: How about that beautiful new grill area! The shining jewel of our 2013 season
improvements! Grills are available for the use and convenience of all guests. Please be courteous of others and use safe grilling practices. Do not pour grease, oil or marinades onto to the grill or directly onto your food while on the grill. This is a fire hazard! Also, please use proper grill utensils while grilling and wash them for the next person when you are through. Please scrape the grill clean for the next member.
Did you hear what happened at the pool last summer? An unfortunate occurrence that caused the pool to be closed for an hour and half on a perfect, 90 degree day! That's right. This is the very reason that we have the rule that all babies and any child that is not fully potty trained (past the stage of having accidents) must wear rubber pants over their swim diapers in the pool. We agree, they are not the most fashionable attire to look at, but DO serve a very important purpose! Additionally – please do not change baby diapers on picnic tables or benches and do not dispose of diapers in poolside trashcans. Changing areas are provided in restrooms and only bathroom trashcans should be used for baby diaper disposal.
Alcohol & Smoking:
· Alcohol is permitted at the Elks as long as purchased at the Elks Lodge. When making your purchases from the lodge, please buy cans or if buying wine-pour into plastic cups before you return to the pool.
· Smoking is prohibited on the concrete pool deck and within the entire baby pool fence. Above all, please be courteous to other guests when smoking within other areas of the pool grounds, move away from children and other non-smokers, etc. and be sure to make use of the ash cans (located near the outdoor sink)
Bathrooms & Showers: Please monitor your children's use of bathrooms and showers as a courtesy to all guests. Bathrooms will be cleaned by the lifeguards daily and they will check throughout the day to fill paper products and empty trash as needed. If you see that the bathroom needs attention, please alert one of the lifeguards. Showers are provided for all guests to rinse off before and after swimming. Please monitor your children's use of
showers. They should not be used for warming up or playing. If children are playing in the showers, they may be asked to turn them off by a lifeguard or other pool parent.
Lost and Found: The lost and found bin is located in front of the guard shack and is already overflowing with beach towels and goggles. The lost and found bin will be cleaned out weekly and the contents donated or discarded. Please make a habit of checking the bin for lost articles.
Guest Passes are available for purchase from the lifeguards. Cost is $30, the card consists of 12 punches, an adult guest is 2 punches and a child guest is 1 punch. (6 adult guest visits/12 child guest visits or any combination of the two) There is no expiration date on guest passes, they are valid from season to season for current members. A guest will only be permitted to enter the pool with a valid guest pass and with the accompanying member. No guest will be permitted without the member being present. A guest pass must be used for a non-member to enter pool grounds with a member - regardless of whether they are actually using the swimming pool. Guests must abide by all pool rules.
Parties: The pool is a great place to host a party for kids or adults! Please see the lifeguards at the front gate to inquire about guest passes for your party guests and/or reserving the overhang.
Gate check-in upon arrival: All members and guests will be asked to provide their name upon arrival with each visit to the pool. Guests will need a valid guest pass to enter the pool grounds and will need to be accompanied by a current member.
The Elks lodge and pool has a strong legacy of providing a fun, safe environment for all of our members! We have a pool we can be proud of and with everyone working together to keep it that way, that legacy will continue long into the future! Here’s looking forward to a wonderful 2016 season!!!
The Elks Pool
Swim Club Membership & 2018 Dues
You MUST be a member of the Elks Lodge to belong to the Wilmington Elks Swim Club. Joining the Lodge Joining the Pool:
A one-time-only Pool application fee of $75. (this is NOT the same as the Lodge dues)
Annual Swim Club Dues
In order to be admitted into the pool, Swim Club dues are to be paid no later than April 15th, 2018. Please know that all pool memberships received by the deadline will help to meet all operating and project costs.
Please send requests for the
New Swim Club Member form and the
Annual Pool Dues to firstname.lastname@example.org